Montgomery County SPCA
The Montgomery County Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals is a nonprofit organization dedicated to caring for unwanted, lost and abused domestic animals. Established in 1909 and chartered in 1916, The Montgomery County SPCA (in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania), has three locations. The Administrative Offices are located in the Conshohocken Facility as well as a shelter for small domestic animals. The Perkiomenville facility for small domestic animals and retired, injured, or abused livestock on a 60-acre horse farm. Our newest facility for small domestic animals is in Abington.
What We Offer
Lost & Found Animals
Each year thousands of pets escape from their owners and are found wandering their neighborhood. Many of these pets are quickly returned home, but many others may get confused and stray too far from home or simply be excited in exploring the area. These pets are often picked up by good Samaritans, local police, or animal control and brought to our shelter where we will spend a week looking for their owner. The majority of these pets are reunited with their families. If no owner is found, the pets are placed up for adoption or placed with a reputable rescue group.
We have many animals at each shelter that need new homes. Every effort is made by the staff to provide assistance and background information on the animals in order to help prospective families make the right choice. All animals available for adoption are vaccinated, dewormed and altered. A minimal fee is charged for all adoptions. Adoption also includes some post-adoption health care and behavioral advice. Adopt an Animal Today!
Our humane educator presents programs on many topics concerning animals to schools, clubs and service organizations. These programs are an important part of our mission as they teach current and future pet owners what to do to insure their pet is a happy and healthy member of their family. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic we are not currently scheduling appointments. We will begin scheduling as soon as schools open and we are permitted back into the classroom, nursing homes and public spaces.
Emergency Rescues & Medical Services
Each shelter has small animal ambulances which are available to rescue animals that are injured or in distress. This service is available 24-hours a day. Call Conshohocken at 610-825-0111, Perkiomenville at 610-754-7822, and Abington at 215-886-8802 to report an injured animal. For more information, see our Emergency Services within our Care Services page.
We have two veterinarians on staff who provide healthcare for the thousands of animals we receive annually. They assess and treat the ill and injured animals we receive. For more information, view our Care Services page with the buttons below.
Montgomery County SPCA Board Members
Mr. Carmen J. Ronio, Executive Director
- Ms. Sarah Ciliberto - President, Term: 2020-2024
- Ms. April Lownes-Hostler - Vice-President, Current term: 2019-2023
- Mr. Stanley "Stan" Broadbent - Treasurer, Current term 2018-2022
- Ms. Barbara J. Murray - Secretary, Current term: 2018-2022
- Mrs. W. Perry Gresh - Current term: 2017-2021
- Mr. Albert Michell – Term 2020-2024
- Dr. Colleen O'Hara - Term: 2019-2023
- Mrs. Becky Pellini - Term: 2020-2024
- Mr. Harry Peterson - Term 2020-2024
- Mrs. Noma "Cricket" Roberts - Activities Chairperson - Term: 2019-2023
- Mr. Carmen J. Ronio - Executive Director, Wills and Estates Chairperson - Term: 2020-2024
- Dr. Hank Unger – Term: 2020-2021
- Dr. Theresa Woodard, DVM - Term: 2019-2023
- Mr. Malcolm Schoenberg - Emeritus
Montgomery County SPCA Shelter Policies & Information
The SPCA Shelter Policies and Information are created with Adobe Acrobat® and are in PDF format. They require an Acrobat reader, click here to download the latest version of Adobe Acrobat reader. For further information on any of the topics discussed in these policies please call the SPCA, at (610) 825-0111.
- Adoption Policy
- Temporary Adoption Policy
- Temporary Animals Surrender Policies (COVID 19 Emergency)
- Animal Intake Policy
- Application Policy
- Foster Caregiver Program
- Reporting Lost or Found Animals Policy
- Return to Owner Policy
- Stray Animal Policy (Lost Pets)
- Why Isn’t The Montgomery County Spca A “No-Kill” Shelter
- Whistleblower Policy
- Conflict of Interest Policy