Before You Consider Adoption
You are ready to adopt a furry BFF to your family. But make sure that you will have enough time and space for the pet you you are going to bring into your home. This is a decision that will be with you for 5, 10, even 15 years or longer. Make sure you can commit to the pet for the rest of its life. For information on our adoption rules see Temporary Adoption Policy and Application Policy.
Adoption Application Form
Please complete one application for each animal you are interested in. We can select only one applicant for each pet, so if you are not selected for a pet it likely means that their were several good applicants. Please apply again. If you wish to check on the status of your application, please call the facility the animal is located. To view our currently available in-house animals, click here for our categorized PetHarbor animal postings. Additionally, please take the time to read over and review our Adoption Contract below.
Montgomery County SPCA
19 E. Ridge Pike PO Box 222
Conshohocken, PA 19428-0222
PHONE: (610) 825-0111
(By Appointment Only)
Monday thru Friday (11am to 4:30pm)
Saturday (10am to 3pm)
Sunday (12pm to 3pm)
Surrender an Animal
(By Appointment Only)
All Week (9am to 4pm)
When adopting a pet from the SPCA, you must review, complete and sign an Adoption Contract. This contract will be provided upon completion of the adoption process, on location when the adopted animal is to be picked up. The contract (in part) reads as follows:
- 1. To provide humane treatment and proper veterinary care at all times.
- 2. To maintain ownership of the animal or return the animal to the Montgomery County SPCA
- 3. To notify the Montgomery County SPCA if animal is lost, deceased or has a change of address.
- 4. To obey all applicable state laws and local ordinances.
- 5. To have the animal altered by the Montgomery County SPCA if not previously altered.
- 6. To a limitation of two (2) weeks for treatment of the animal by the Montgomery County SPCA for general health conditions- excluding trauma occurring post-adoption. After two weeks, treatment will be at the discretion of the Montgomery County SPCA. The Montgomery County SPCA will not reimburse any veterinary expenses incurred even if such expense arises from kennel related ailments. I understand that after hours I may have to call and/or take the animal to the Conshohocken location (610) 825-0111 for treatment.
- 7. To release, indemnify and hold harmless the SPCA for any claim, suit, demand or liability which now exists or may hereafter arise either from the animal's condition or its conduct and behavior. We cannot warrant the health, age or suitability of the animal. Lost animals come in with no history and released animals may not have full histories. You assume all risk. Adopters must come to the shelter to adopt an animal.